Office Mobile now available for Android via Office 365
Please note: Office Mobile requires a qualifying Office 365 subscription. (See requirements below).
Microsoft Office Mobile is the official Office companion optimized for your Android phone.
You can access, view and edit your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint documents from virtually anywhere. Documents look like the originals, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics, and shapes. When you make quick edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and content remain intact.
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
* Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.
** Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
* Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
Office Mobile is designed for people on the go. We made it easy to access your Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in the cloud on SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro. When you’re on your phone, you’ll see the list of documents you recently opened on your computer in the Recent Documents panel–no searching needed. And of course, you can view and edit documents you receive an email.
Office documents look stunning:
* Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to supporting for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
* Optimized for phone – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
* Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
* Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share:
* Edit – You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
* Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
* Edit While Offline – Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
* Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone. * Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments. * Share – When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
Edit documents and share them right from your phone. You can review comments in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own. When you’re done, you can save the file back to SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro or just send it as an email attachment.
* A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to use this app.
Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Home Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4 (Enterprise and Government), Office 365 Education A3 and A4, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 University, and Office 365 trial subscriptions.
NOTE: If you don’t have an Office 365 subscription, you can buy Office 365 Home Premium from http://www.office.com.
With Office 365 Home Premium, you also get the latest version of Office for up to 5 PCs, Macs, and Windows tablets – and an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage and Skype world minutes***.
* Requires a phone running Android OS 4.0 or later.
* Microsoft Office 2013 on a PC is needed for features like recent documents and resume reading.
**Office 365 account and setup necessary. Data connection required. Storage limits and carrier fees apply.
***SkyDrive storage and Skype world minutes are not available in all markets.
For more information, please visit http://www.office.com/mobile
**** Information courtesy Microsoft and Google *****